Available for auction is an illuminated Esso sign. The seller states that the sign measures 70 inches by 50 inches by six inches and is illuminated by LEDs. This sign is made of plastic and displays the Esso letters in an embossed format. The sign is believe to have come from a former Esso fuel station that had closed and has been in the sellers collection for several years.
The Esso brand was first introduced in 1912 as a trademark for the Standard Oil Company of New Jersey. The name "Esso" was derived from the company's initials, S.O. The brand eventually became the primary trademark for Standard Oil and was later adopted by ExxonMobil when it was formed in 1999 through the merger of Exxon and Mobil.
The seller notes minor damage at the top that has been patched, though it cannot be seen if the sign is displayed on a wall. The buyer is responsible for shipping, handling, and fees.
© PCARMARKET 2023 · All Rights Reserved