Available for auction is an original double-sided illuminated RUF sign. RUF Automobile was founded in 1939 by Alois Ruf Sr. as a German service garage but later began experimenting with vehicle designs in the late 1940s. This love for automobile customization and design was passed down to Alois Jr. as he started servicing and restoring Porsches in the early 60s out of his fathers garage. It wasn't until 1975 after the passing of Alois Sr. that the first RUF model Porsche took shape. The official unveiling of the RUF 930 took place in 1977 followed by the naturally aspirated 911 SCR in 1978. RUFs long history of custom Porsches still continues today as new models evolve. This RUF collectible sign measures 30 1/2" x 27 1/4" x 2 3/4" with the mounting bracket being 3 1/2". Some modification may be necessary as the sign is wired for European outlets. Buyer is responsible for shipping and handling costs.